Joining families in the battle to prepare students to stand for Christ.
Dayton Christian School inspires students to discover their God-given potential, become life-long learners, and stand on God’s absolute truth.
To be the school of choice for Christian families in Southwest Ohio.
God USES DCS as a Christ-centered school:
- Unity – Oneness in the Body of Christ (Eph 4:1-6 and Jn 17:20-23)
- Scripture – Authority of God’s Word (2 Tim 3:16-17)
- Excellence – Quest for Excellence in All Things (Col 3:23; Phil 4:8)
- Service – Compassion and Outreach (Matt 25:35; 1 Jn 3:16-17)
Statement of Faith
This Statement of Faith represents our core beliefs and selected communal affirmations. It does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Holy Scriptures made up of the Old and New Testaments comprise the fullest expression of our beliefs and the ultimate authority for all that we believe. As the inspired and unerring Word of God they necessarily speak with final authority whenever they make any claim about the nature of reality and the proper conduct of humanity. Particularly, it is the Holy Scriptures that reveal the “sure foundation” of the teachings of Jesus Christ and His apostles which are essential for the blessing and direction of His church until He returns (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 2:42 and I Corinthians 15:1-11). These teachings are essential both with respect to their content and to their function as the interpretive guide for the appropriation of all that the Scriptures teach. Legacy Ministries International (“LMI”), doing ministry as Dayton Christian School must rightly read the Scriptures to discern, teach and live out the truths revealed therein. It is not at liberty to depart from them for a different authority if it is to authentically bear the name “Christian.” Though we strive to live peaceably with all people and to obey legitimate government authority, in instances involving matters clearly taught in Scripture we must ultimately obey God rather than man if the two come into conflict (Acts 4:18-22).
DCS subscribes to the following Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the only infallible authoritative Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:21)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 3:16-17, John 10:30, 37-38)
- We believe:
- in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33);
- in His Virgin Birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35);
- in His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:25, 9:12);
- in His Miracles (John 2:11);
- in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:14; Hebrews 2:9);
- in His bodily resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4);
- in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and
- in His personal return in power and glory. (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16)
- We believe that man is sinful by nature and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for his salvation. (Romans 3:19, 23; John 3:16-19, 5:25; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5, 6)
- We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, the only means to salvation is belief in Christ’s substitutional death and resurrection. (Acts 4:12, 13:38-39, I Corinthians 15:1-4, Romans 4:4-4, 5:1, John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 1:4-5)
- We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Ephesians 4:30, 5:18; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:10- 20)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. They who are saved unto eternal life and they who are lost unto eternal damnation. (John 5:28, 29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28) 9. We believe in the creation of man by the direct Act of God. (Genesis 1:26-28; 5:1-2)
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9).