Parents/Guardians must subscribe to the DCS Statement of Faith and desire to partner with us in developing their child spiritually and academically. Prospective families must meet the following requirements for admission to Dayton Christian School:
- At least one custodial parent/legal guardian and the 7th-12th grade student are born-again Christians (John 3:3, I Peter 1:23).
- The 7th-12th grade student expresses a personal desire to attend DCS.
- The parents/legal guardians and student understand that the school’s guiding principle is to glorify God in all areas of the school and personal life, including on social media, and that our basis for instruction is the Bible.
- At least one parent/legal guardian and the student are faithfully involved in a Bible-teaching church that agrees with the DCS Statement of Faith.
- In agreement with DCS, parents/legal guardians will honor the sanctity of marriage as the legal union between one man and one woman (Genesis 2:23-24, Matthew 19:4-6) and will commit to upholding the biblical standards of moral purity (Romans 1:26-27, I Corinthians 6:18-20, Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:3, Colossians 3:5), which would also prohibit cohabitation; unmarried adults living together and would be grounds for denying admission of an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a student.
- The student has a sufficiently positive record of academic, behavioral, and emotional preparedness to facilitate adjustment at DCS.
- The student has been promoted the preceding year or the parents/legal guardians are willing to have him/her repeat a grade, if deemed necessary by DCS.
- The student does not have a criminal record (minor traffic violations excluded), and the student is not under a school suspension or has been served an expulsion.
- The parents/legal guardians are responsible for all financial obligations for the student.
- Parents/legal guardians are aware and supportive of the policies and role of DCS in educating their child and agree to the school’s philosophy and the child exhibits openness to God’s direction for spiritual growth.
- The administration is given the authority to admit qualified students and families.
- Approval by the Office of the Head of School is required for any exception to the Admissions Policies.
Dayton Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in admissions policies, financial aid, athletic and other school-administered programs. DCS reserves the right to select students on the basis of academic performance, religious commitment, lifestyle choices, and personal qualifications including a willingness to cooperate with DCS administration and to abide by its policies. (Romans 2:11)