FOCUSING ON CHRIST
Established in 1963, Dayton Christian Schools is one of the largest nondenominational Christian School systems in the United States with students representing nearly 300 churches. Dayton Christian is chartered by the State of Ohio and accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International and North Central Association (AdvancED).
It is our desire to work with the local church and the evangelical community as we seek to assist Christian families in their Biblical responsibility to train their children to become Christ-like, and to fulfill God's purpose for their lives in the home, church, and society. Our faculty and staff are dedicated professionals who strive to develop young people into godly men and women of integrity who will serve their churches, their workplace, and their world.
TYPICAL SCHOOL DAY
- Students, starting with prekindergarten, have the option of arriving at 7:30 a.m. for Morning Watch.
- Morning Watch is monitored by a faculty member.
- Students are released to their teachers at 8:00 a.m.
- School starts promptly at 8:15 a.m. Students arriving after 8:15 are considered tardy and must report to the office for a pass.
- Student lunch is from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Recess is from 12:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. in 30 minute sessions.
- Full day kindergarten through 4th grade students are dismissed at 2:45 pm for carpool and bus.
- All students are expected to be picked up by 3:10 p.m.
- Extended Care is available for an additional fee until 6:00 p.m.
We encourage our parents to volunteer during the school year. We have had outstanding parental involvement in our school system. Being involved has tremendous benefit to your child, to you as a parent, and to the school. (Additional information is available.)
Age requirements at the time of admission:
Testing is done through our Special Education Department one designated Saturday morning a month beginning in March. Refer to the Admission Testing Registration form located in the registration packet for scheduling instructions.
Test results will be given to the family after evaluation. Further testing may be necessary based on the test results. A student may be exempted from taking the Stanford Achievement Test when the student has satisfactorily completed a standardized achievement test during the previous school year. A copy of these test results must be submitted with the student application.
Dayton Christian School works with the following school districts to provide busing: Beavercreek, Bellbrook, Centerville, Franklin, Kettering, Miamisburg, Springboro, Waynesville and West Carrollton.